The CAF will be used to provide foster children from District 25 with sports and educational activities that will allow them to learn and grow into productive adults.
- Checks must be made payable to the service provider. In special circumstances where a service provider cannot be identified in advance of the request, checks may be made payable to an individual with a receipt provided.
- We now provide an adulting program for our 18-21 year olds who are currently involved in their local LINKS program. We will offer a total of $1000- for expenses incurred for establishing a household. This is limited to security deposits and insurance expenses . We can offer up to $100 clothing allowance for interview/job preparation. All requests must be approved by the board.
- CAF request forms must provide ALL required information including mailing information, reason for request and how it will benefit the child or request cannot be processed. Educational items should directly benefit the child and provide the child with the opportunity to learn and grow as an individual. The following are examples of educational expenses supported by the CAF:
- Specialized summer camps (not childcare) supported or recommended by the school system, teachers, or coaches. We will allow one week of each camp adventure- Example: Music camp, art camp, summer classes at community college or university, or cooking class . We cannot approve YMCA/QUEST Camps for more than one week.
- School field trips
- Voice, music, or art expenses including lessons by qualified instructors.
- Prom expenses for juniors and seniors only
- Technology for school use such as iPad, laptops, or calculators
- Driver’s education
- Graduation Expenses- invitations-pictures/cap and gown expenses
- Other items needed to be successful educationally will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
4. Sports expenses should allow the individual to participate in an organized group or individual sport or sports camp and gain self-confidence while promoting physical fitness. Examples of expenses supported by the CAF include the following:
- Registration fees
- Specialized summer camps supported or recommended by the school system or coaches: Example sports camp at a college/university
5. Requests will be submitted to the board by email and will be approved by a majority vote.
6. After the vote is complete, the request will be submitted to the treasurer for payment within two business days.
7. The CAF chairperson is responsible for maintaining good records which include a copy of each request along with voting results attached. A spreadsheet is also maintained to provide a yearly running total of expenses and deposits to the fund.